Cardamom is a spice made from the seed pods of various plants in the ginger family. Cardamom pods are spindle-shaped and have a triangular cross-section. The pods contain a number of seeds, but the entire cardamom pod can be used whole or ground. The seeds are small and black, while the pods differ in colour and size by species.
Though an expensive spice, grounded cardamom is used in the SMD Multipurpose, Curry (no wonder the SMD is so curry so rich in flavour, fragrance and different to another curry in the market!), Seafood and Native pot spice mix for its wholesome flavour!
Cardamom is found in Indian cooking as well as Middle Eastern cuisine. In Indian recipes, whole cardamom pods are used in preparing basmati rice and various curries. In Middle Eastern recipes, ground cardamom spices certain desserts.
Cardamom has a strong, sweet, pungent flavor and aroma, with hints of lemon and mint. Black cardamom has a smoky note and a cooling menthol one as well
1. Cardamom seeds or pods are sometimes chewed to refresh the breath and as a digestive aid.
2. Cardamom has various uses ascribed in traditional medicine.
3. Cardamom may help lower blood pressure, most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties.
4. May fight cancer and stop the growth of tumors in mice and test tubes
5. May Protect from Chronic Diseases Thanks to Anti-Inflammatory Effects
6. May Help with Digestive Problems, Including Ulcers
7. May Treat Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities
8. May Have Antibacterial Effects and Treat Infections
9. May Lower Blood Sugar Levels
10. Liver Protection
12. Weight loss
Do you see why you should use the smd spice mix?
Let Your Meal Be Your Delicious Medicine!